November 3, 2020 General Municipal Election Information
The City of La Puente’s next general municipal election will be held on November 3, 2020, for three (3) Council Member seats.
Nomination Filing Period
The filing period for nomination papers is Monday, July 13, 2020, through Friday, August 7, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. A link to the City’s Candidate Information Guide is provided below. Candidates wishing to be issued nomination papers should contact the City Clerk’s office at 626-855-1500 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
The Candidate Information Guide contains an interactive table of contents that allows users to quickly access specific areas of the PDF. Users can click on a Section from the Table of Contents to jump to that section. Additionally, users can click the bookmarks in the Bookmarks panel in Acrobat or Reader to navigate through the PDF.
For more information regarding the upcoming election, please visit the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s website at lavote.net.
Need to register to vote or make changes to your current registration (such as address or name changes)? Register by clicking below.
Important Dates for the November 3, 2020 Election:
- Mailing of official sample ballot booklets begins Thursday, September 24, 2020.
- Mailing of Vote by Mail ballots begins Monday, October 5, 2020.
- Last day to register to vote is Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Do you want to help your community on Election Day? Become a Pollworker!
Pollworkers are an essential component to every polling place location on Election Day. Inspectors serve as supervisors for the polling locations and Clerks assist with a variety of conventional tasks. Both are paid a stipend for their time.
To become a pollworker in Los Angeles County, you must be:
- 18 years of age or older (unless participating in the Student Pollworker Program);
- A resident of California;
- A United States citizen registered to vote or a legal permanent resident (green card holder); and
- Available between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. to set up the polls, provide assistance to voters and conduct poll closing procedures.
Posting Political Signs?
La Puente Municipal Code section 10.34.080E sets forth the regulations regarding the placement and removal of political signs, otherwise referred to as “Non-Commercial Signs”:
The City will enforce all sign regulations. Any signs that are placed in violation of State or local codes will be removed immediately and will be stored. Candidates will be notified of the removal and will have ten (10) business days to retrieve their signs before they are destroyed.