The Mission of the La Puente Human Resources Division is to hire quality employees who meet the needs of the City, and to enhance the workplace for all employees through creative and cost effective personnel services, making La Puente the best place to work.
The Human Resources Division provides consultation and management services in the areas of:
- Recruitment and selection
- Benefits management
- Organizational development and training
- Classification and compensation
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Federal and State employment law compliance
- Other functions related to Human Resources Administration
For current openings click on "Open Job Opportunities" below:
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Salary Resolution Full-Time Employees
- Salary Resolution Part-Time Employees
The Risk Management Division's purpose is to identify and minimize exposures that could result in financial loss to the City. Risk Management is responsible for the administration of comprehensive loss prevention programs that incorporate current practices and philosophies that are most effective in preventing injuries, vehicular collisions, liabilities, and damage to equipment and materials. The division provides consultation and management services in the areas of workers' compensation; general and auto liability; insurance procurement; employee insurance benefits, including life, long term disability, and State Disability; employee safety; uninsured losses; and public loss prevention.
Staff oversees the processing of all workers' compensation and general liability claims. The division will identify and arrange for training programs to assist employees in the performance of their job duties to minimize exposure to injury.