City Clerk's Office

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Welcome to the Office of the City Clerk.  The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and is the official records keeper of the City, custodian of the City seal and is the secretary for the City Council and Successor Agency.

The City Clerk maintains records of all City Council activities, City-owned property transactions, City elections, resolutions and ordinances.  The City Clerk also administers oaths of office and provides background research, public information services and documents to City Council, City staff and members of the public.

The duties of the Office of the City Clerk include, but are not limited to:

  • Preparing City Council agendas
  • Attending City Council meetings
  • Recording and preserving the legislative actions of the City Council of La Puente, including Ordinances, Resolutions and Minutes
  • Conducting elections
  • Making records available to the public
  • Receiving Claims Against the City
  • Maintaining the City’s Municipal Code
  • Serving as Filing Officer for Campaign Disclosure Forms and Statements of Economic Interest
  • Giving notice of public hearings
  • Receiving and opening bids
  • Maintaining agreements entered into by the City

Public Records Requests

The California Public Records Act provides individuals with the right to inspect and obtain copies of disclosable public records maintained by local agencies (Gov. Code, § 6250 et seq.) (the “Act”).

To request records, please submit a Public Record Request Form.  Requests for records may be submitted in person at City Hall or in writing to 15900 E. Main Street, La Puente, CA 91744.  The Act allows a period of ten (10) days for the City to determine whether the request seeks disclosable records in possession of the City and under certain circumstances, the time for the City to respond may be extended.  The charge for copies is 10¢ per page and payment is due prior to copies being made.

Links to Frequently Requested Records

Business license report (monthly)

Building permit report (monthly)

City Council agendas, staff reports, minutes and audio

Public safety records (police reports, collision reports, arrest records) – contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at 562-345-4441.

Vital records (birth, death, marriage) - contact the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder at 800-201-8999.

Superior Court records (case filings, files and forms) – contact the Los Angeles Superior Court at

FPPC Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest

The City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code section 87200 and they, along with other individuals identified in the City's Conflict of Interest Code, are required to file Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700) with the City Clerk's Office.  Elected officers who file Statements of Economic Interests are:    

Daniel C. Holloway, Council Member

Charlie Klinakis, Council Member

Violeta Lewis, Council Member

Valerie Munoz, Council Member

John M. Solis, Council Member

Copies of Statements of Economic Interests may be obtained by contacting the Fair Political Practices Commission or the City Clerk.  You may also visit the FPPC website or contact the FPPC at the following address:

428 J Street, Suite 620
Sacramento, CA 95814

FPPC Form 802 - Ticket Handling Policy

FPPC Form 802 is used by all state and local government agencies to disclose the distribution of tickets or passes that allow admission to facilities, events, shows, or performances for entertainment, amusement, recreational, or similar purposes.  The agency must complete Form 802, identifying agency officials who receive tickets or passes from the agency as well as other individuals and organizations that receive tickets or passes at behest of agency officials.  Once the Form 802 is completed, it is posted on the FPPC’s website.

FPPC Form 803 - Behested Payment Report

Form 803 report is used by elected officers to disclose payments made at their behest, principally for legislative, governmental, or charitable purposes.

More information can be obtained on the FPPC website.

FPPC Form 806 – Public Official Appointments

Form 806 is used to report additional compensation that officials receive when appointing themselves to positions on committees, boards, or commissions of another public agency or to a committee or position of the agency of which the public official is a member.  It is required pursuant to FPPC Regulation 18705.5. Each agency must post on its website a single Form 806 which lists all the paid appointed positions to which an official will vote to appoint themselves. When there is a change in compensation or a new appointment, the Form 806 is updated to reflect the change.

More information can be obtained on the FPPC website.

Claims Against the City

To file a claim against the City, submit the completed claim form to the City Clerk’s office, either by mail or personal delivery.  In most cases, claims must be filed within six months of the date of the incident.  To obtain a claim form by mail, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (626) 855-1500.

Enterprise Systems

Approved on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create and make available online a catalog of enterprise systems.  This catalog is posted on the City's website and updated annually.

Click here for the City of La Puente Catalog of Enterprise Systems

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer