Violeta Lewis, MSN, RN, CPN was elected to the La Puente City Council in April 2012 and re-elected in 2016. She has served two terms as Mayor in 2014-2015, 2017-2018, and served as Mayor Pro Tem in 2013-2014 and 2016-2017.
Mayor Pro Tem Lewis is a certified pediatric registered nurse and college educator preparing the next generation of nurses entering into practice. She is a founding member of Project LEAD (Life Experiences about Democracy) a program to promote leadership and civic pride for elementary school and middle school students.
Raised in Whittier, she received her Masters of Science in Nursing from University of Arizona, Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and received her Associates of Science in Nursing from Rio Hondo College.
Mayor Pro Tem Lewis has been a resident of La Puente since 2003. She and her husband Jeff have 2 daughters and 1 son.
She is a charter member of the Kiwanis Club of La Puente, an organization committed to serving children in the La Puente community and around the world.
To contact Mayor Pro Tem Lewis, please call (626) 855-1581; (626)709-6331 cellular or email email@example.com
Commencement of Current Term: April 26, 2016
Expiration of Current Term: November 3, 2020
Raised in Whittier, CA and has been a resident of La Puente since 2003
Married for over 10 years with two children
Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Masters of Science in Nursing (in progress) - University of Arizona
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology - University of California Santa Barbara
- Associates of Science in Nursing - Rio Hondo College
- Forensic Identification Certificate - Rio Hondo College
- Pediatric Registered Nurse at an acute care hospital in Los Angeles
Regional Boards, Committees, and Professional Organizations
- Community Health Ad Hoc Committee
- Foothill Transit Authority Governing Board Member - Delegate
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials - member
- La Puente Pride Committee - Past Chairwoman and member
- National Hispanic Nurses Association - member
- Society of Pediatric Nurses – member
Community Service and Awards
- La Puente Valley Women’s Club - member
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life of La Puente - Committee Member
- Los Angeles County Disaster Healthcare Volunteers
- TELACU Education Foundation Health Careers Nurse Scholar
- East San Gabriel Valley Coalition for the Homeless Winter Shelter
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Volunteer
"It is an honor and a privilege to represent the residents of La Puente. Please feel free to call me anytime with your comments, concerns, and suggestions. For normal business please call and leave a message at my City Hall phone number (626) 855-1581. For urgent matters, please call or text (626) 709-6331. I look forward to hearing from you."