The City of La Puente is an authorized U. S. Passport Acceptance Facility. Effective Tuesday, March 12, 2019, all passport services will be relocated to the Community Center located at 501 Glendora Avenue, La Puente CA 91744. Appointments will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays ONLY from 8:00am to Noon. Passport services on a walk in-basis will be available on Wednesdays from 1pm to 4pm. Appointments can be scheduled by calling (626) 855-1560 or online at lapuentepassports.setmore.com. Only checks and money orders will be accepted at this location.
Questions? Please call us at 626-855-1560.
Items Required When You Apply For A Passport
Complete and submit application in person. Each application must be accompanied by all of the following:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship – previous U.S. passport, certified copy of long-form (not “abstract”) birth certificate or original Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship with foreign birth certificate for minors.
- Submit a Photocopy of each form of Identification documentation presented (i.e. Driver’s license), showing both sides of ID on 8½ x 11paper.
- One passport photos.
- Appropriate fees - Payable by Check or Money Order Only.
- Both parents must appear for applicants 15 and under.
- Passport applications – completed, but not signed
There are additional requirements for children 15 and under:
- Both parents or the child’s legal guardian must appear with child and present valid identification.
- Must submit evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s) such as a certified copy of birth certificate or adoption decree even if applying for subsequent passport.
- If only one parent is able to appear they must present either evidence of sole custody or second parent’s notarized written consent to the issuance of a U.S. passport.
For additional information here are some helpful links: