Welcome to the City Manager's Office
The City of La Puente operates under the Council-Manager form of government. Under this system, the City Council establishes the policies under which the City operates and appoints a trained and experienced City Manager to administer the affairs of the City.
David Carmany is the La Puente City Manager. Mr. Carmany was appointed by the City Council January of 2014, and has over 30 years of experience in local government, having served as city manager in Agoura Hills, Malibu, Pacifica, Seal Beach and Manhattan Beach. He holds a Bachelor of Sciences in Public Affairs from the University of Southern California, and serves on USC’s City Management Foundation Board of Directors.
As the chief executive officer of the City, Mr. Carmany assists the City Council in the development and formulation of policies, goals and objectives, and keeps them informed of important community issues. In addition, Mr. Carmany provides administrative direction to the City's executive team and is responsible for managing the activities and operations of the City, ensuring the effective provision of quality services. Mr. Carmany is also responsible for representing the City's interests throughout the region and beyond.
City departments include the City Clerk's Office, Administrative Services (Finance, Human Resources and IT), Community Services, and Development Services. The City contracts with Los Angeles County for police and fire services.
The City of La Puente welcomes your suggestions and comments. To contact City Manager Carmany, please call (626) 855-1500 or email email@example.com.
Life, Well Run
La Puente City Manager's responsibilities include:
- Assisting the City Council in the development and formulation of policies, goals, and objectives.
- Implementing the policy decisions of the City Council
- Enforcing all municipal laws and regulations for the benefit of the community.
- Supervision of daily operations of all city departments and staff.
- Preparation, monitoring, and execution of the city budget.
- Technical adviser to the City Council on overall governmental operations.
- Representing the city's interests throughout the region and beyond.
- Developing long and short term plans for budget implementation